Audition Notice - Steel Magnolias
Measuring Tips to Assure The Best Fit
- Measure your back size â€“ wrap the measuring tape snugly around your ribcage, just under your bust line 1, keeping it horizontal. This will give you your band size.
- Then measure around the fullest part of your bust 2 , again keeping the tape horizontal.
- To determine the size of pants, measure the girth of the waist 3 and hips 4
- The following charts will help you match the designerâ€™s size scheme for this product (indicated in the dropdown) to your usual size
size guide visible to all products
Truvy Jones runs a successful beauty salon in Chinquapin, Louisiana, where all the ladies in the neighborhood have a standing Saturday appointment.
Along with her anxious and eager assistant, Annelle, Truvy styles the hair of many of the women about town: wealthy widow and former first lady of Chinquapin, Clairee Belcher, local curmudgeon Ouiser Boudreaux ("I'm notcrazy, I've just been in a bad mood for forty years"), intelligent and compassionate career woman M'Lynn, and her daughter Shelby, the prettiestgirl in town.
Shelby’s engagement is the talk of the town, but the joy and excitement of her wedding quickly turn to concern as she faces a risky pregnancy and a myriadof health complications.
Eventually, when Shelby dies from complications related to her diabetes, M’Lynn has to deal with the most difficult of life’s challenges: the loss of one’s only child.
As the women of Chinquapin makes their ways over life’s many hurdlestogether, they find comfort (and a fair amount of verbal ribbing) in one another. "You have no idea how wonderful you are," M'Lynn tells the ladies at the end of the play. Truvy responds, with a smile, "Of course we do."
- Steel Magnolias by Robert Harling
- MARCH 12, 13, 19, 20 2020
- Don Russell Performing Arts Centre - Lot 13 Murdoch Rd, Thornlie WA 6108
- Directed by Adam Salathiel
Auditions will take place on Sunday the 6th of December at the Don Russell Performing Arts Centre.
Auditionees will be required to prepare a monologue of their choosing and be prepared to demonstrate an appropriate American accent based on the location of the play - Natchitoches, Louisiana.
The available roles are, ages are only stage ages;
Truvy Jones (35-45) - Owns the beauty shop. Vivacious. Dispenses advice with lots of hairspray
Annelle Dupup-Desoto (18-24) - Newly hired assistant. Moves from unsure to wild to regligious
Clairee Belcher (55-late 60's) - Widow of former Mayor. Grand dame. Elegant, sophisticated, a true beauty
Shelby Eatenton-Latcherie (19) - Prettiest girl in town. Love pink. Strong willed, passionate
M'Lynn Eatenton (40-50's) - Shelby's mother. Always knows what's best, strong, stubborn, the heart of the piece
Ouiser (pronounced Weezer) Boudreaux (55-late 60's) - Wealthy curmudgeon. Tough, eccentric character
To book your 30 minute audition slot, or to ask any additional questions, email email@example.com .
- Don Russell Performing Arts Centre
- Lot 13 Murdoch Rd, Thornlie WA 6108
- March 13th - 21st 2020